Thursday, July 10, 2008

Self Checkout


Sick of going out of my mind everytime I see
Somebody that looks like you, it's killing me
Because I think you're there for me
And when I realize your not, it's back to this mess
So please, take note, I'm going crazy
Did you get a chance to read the letter I sent to you?
Or did you throw it away cuz of everything I put you through?
I guess I understand
Just realized I'm looking for help from a friend
And you, you're the only one I can trust
I wanna tell you all about how I try so hard to keep it under track
I wanna tell you about the times I fuck up and wake up flat on my back
I wish I could call you to pick me up
I know its too much to ask
So I sit up and light a cigarette
And tell my self over and over again
It was all just a dream
And it's time to come clean
And it's time to move on
No matter how hard it seems
It was all just a dream


Off With Their Heads' new album went on sale today, and I managed to grab a secret tour edition (/200) from the No Idea distro page. I also was able to listen to it (like I am now) on punknews' stream. In addition to The '59 Sound, its a top contender for album of the year. Seriously, it fucking destroys. Its one of the albums that come into your life at the right time, and it never leaves, much like Hospitals did. Speaking of The Gaslight Anthem and vinyl, their new album also went on sale today, resulting in major shenanigans at both Vinyl Collective and Side One Dummy webstores, resulting in the latter being completely crippled. VC almost suffered the same fate, but thankfully only had a major slowdown. Despite the problems, I was able to get a hold of a White /500, after 30min of frustration. Huzzahs are in order!

Huzzah!

Other than that, I didn't really do much today other than play an unhealthy amount of GTA San Andreas. Since I can't take my anger out with a gun in real life for a myriad of obvious reasons, nor can I punch a cop off his motorcycle, I have to do it while playing a black dude in pseudo-los angeles. Which is fine with me. Also, I finally finished Johnny Cash's fantastic autobiography Cash.

Huzzah!

I think I'm gonna read me some On The Road next.

No comments: